February 22, 2011

how to: make a braided scarf bracelet!

Hi lovelies!
So, I've had a few questions about the braided bracelets in my denj lookbook; mystery revealed? it's just a 9"x60" scarf all braided up! And, if you are feeling so inclined, you can find some pretty scarves to make a bracelet with in my etsy shop. But in the meantime, I thought I'd show you all how to do it yourself: below is the step-by-step, I tried to make it as clear as possible, so it looks like there are a lot of steps, but it's really easy I promise!



1. To begin the braided bracelet, you need a long thin scarf.



2. Create 3 "strands" for your braid by folding the middle,
keep the ends slightly longer than the middle strand.



3. Use your finger, or whatever is easiest, to anchor your braid and create a loop at the top.



4. Braid with your 3 "strands" as usual.



...



5. When you get closer to the bottom you should have another loop
created by the middle that you folded earlier.



6. Braid until the loop is as small as possible around your finger,



7. Pull your longest strand through the loop and pull tight as below.



...



8. Pull the same strand partially through the top loop



...



9. Put on your wrist, and pull tight,



10. and tie it in a knot of course!



easy right? let me know if you have any questions, any at all.


 


 


xo denj

14 comments:

lauren said...

LOVE it Danni! The colours in that piece specifically are super pretty too :) I see another DENJ + LaurenElan collabo in the worx... hmmm

Elise said...

More how-to's like this please!

Cee said...

That bracelet is adorable, and you make it look so easy! Definitely going to have to try this myself :)
xox,
Cee

HollyDolly said...

this is so stinkin cool! I would've never thought to do this...

Leah said...

This is a great tutorial! The colours and your rings make it so fun to look at.

xo L.

herCatwalk said...

Great DIY! I'm definitely trying this one out!

Rebecca said...

I love this idea!! So cute. I shall have to try it!

Linda said...

Yea! I'm totally going to try this tonight!

Lyddiegal said...

that is so cute and clever. plus your scarf is super pretty!

Kayla said...

Great blog. I think I'm gonna try to wear this tomorrow!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

voguart said...

very original idea! i will do it :) ths :)

let's see our blog and follow us :)

http://vouguart.blogspot.com/

kisses

Aleta said...

I would totally like to try this, maybe even braid in a tin golden chain or something like that :)

Chelsea said...

this is sooo cute! I love aleta's idea ;) PS danni you look aaamazing in your latest outfit post! I love those boots!

xoxo

sofia said...

love it! thanks for sharing with us this creation!