February 07, 2011

sweater slushie






sweater: DIY American Eagle via Winners, skirt: Club Monaco, boots: Locale, necklace: Anthropologie *photography by rsimmen


 


I was feeling inspired by Sienna Miller's cute cropped sweater from Top Shop, so I decided to do my own version! I've had this American Eagle sweater for a few years now, and it was forgotten at the back of my closet - it was a perfect fit for DIY #2. When you are altering a knit, it can sometimes be tricky because as we know, a knit can unravel pretty quickly. So instead of doing a hem at the bottom, I kept the original hem and created a seam where the knit style changes. Easy- Peasy.


 


xo denj


 


 


 


ps. I just wanted to say THANKYOU! to Kate of O My Heart for featuring me on her blog last week. It absolutely made my day! xo

8 comments:

Liz said...

Of Denj this is adorable! The way everything comes together is just perfection. Especially loving that necklace :)

herCatwalk said...

This is an adorable look! Love the bright skirt.

Cee said...

I'm loving your DIYs! My sewing skills pretty much amount to being able to reattach buttons, so I'm becoming envious :) Love your necklace, too- it's such an amazing statement piece :)
xox,
Cee

Becca said...

Your diy sweater turned out so beautifully!

Katie said...

Great DIY!! I also am a huge huge fan of that necklace. I wish they still sold it! ugh..adorable!
-Katie

Lyddiegal said...

This is adorable, your updated sweater is perfect for layering now, and i love the stormy sea.

meagan said...

hey there! love your style and blog....I was wondering how did you put that post together did you make a collage and scan it or take the cutout of the mag and scan it? Or take pic from website? Is there a website where i can learn how to do that i have seen plyvore....any feedback would be appreciated thx

denj said...

hi meagan!
to make the little collage I scanned in my inspiration image of Sienna Miller from a magazine, and took a photograph of my sweater. i cropped the photo to make it look like it was cut-out too, and assembled the whole thing in Photoshop. I haven't heard of any other websites that do that other than polyyvore to be honest!

I hope that helps!

xo Denj