April 05, 2011

sister love





photography by rsimmen




I have two sisters, both of whom live away from home right now (I miss them all the time!). Last time we were all together playing in my closet, my older sister had the genius idea for each of us to style a look around the same item in our own personal styles. #1 is mine, #2 is my older sister's, and #3 is my younger sister's look. It was fun to see the differences an similarities we have - one thing is for sure - we were definitely all on the same colour wavelength - we all ended up pairing the jacket with combinations of orange and pink!  Which one is your fave?


 


xo denj


 


ps: #1 H&M jacket, bracelet, sunnies, and dress, Mango shoes. #2 H&M jacket, Mango Shoes, Anthropologie Skirt, Aritzia blouse, Ted Baker belt. #3 H&M jacket, Gap cardigan, MinkPink top, Asos loafers, James Jeans, Next(uk) scarf, Marc by Marc Jacobs bag.

15 comments:

Siez said...

I like the third style best :)

Elise said...

TWO! ;)

chelsea said...

these are SUCH great looks! my older sister lives away from home and I too miss her all the time ;) that jacket is AMAZING and I adore the first look!

xoxo

Lauren said...

i knew the 2nd one was by Jodi!! They're all fab! But who are all the pieces by!? I think I would most likely wear the 2nd look, awesome D!

ranil said...

2!

Kristin said...

I ADORE the second, though I think all looks are equally stunning. You are such an inspiration to my outfits, my love!

XO

Kristin
http://dollparade.blogspot.com

Cee said...

Wow, you all put together amazing looks around this sweater (which by the way, is amazing; where is it from?) It's hard to choose a favourite, because each one has an element I love... Your heart-shaped sunglasses, the tiered floral skirt and the penny loafers. Suffice it to say I'd wear them all!
xox,
Cee

Leah said...

Love all these looks! It's funny because I can see that each outfit was styled by that particular person. I love the idea of creating 3 looks with one piece. Beautiful!

xo L.

Rebecca said...

What a fun idea! I love the jacket too! I do really like all three looks, but I think the second one is my favourite.

Taylor Marie said...

Wow! What a great look, all three of them! I have two sisters as well, and we all definitely have different taste! I love the first and second looks the best :)

Lyddiegal said...

Wow, the three of you look so much alike! I LOVE your older sisters look. That skirt and jacket is a match made in heaven.

Kate said...

Aw, what an adorable idea!! I love that you had your sisters style your outfit! All 3 outfits are gorgeous (love that jacket!) but number two is my favorite! Soooo pretty!

acleansurface said...

I like the second photo, with the short flowered skirt and striped coat.
You have a very simple and appealing blog - I like it.

nissanese said...

i bought that dress (from the #1 outfit)!! but i reluctantly returned it due to practicality... now i kinda miss it :(

changes « denj said...

[...] posted this dress a few times before (here and here), with one major difference – it used to be a maxi! I decided the length just wasn’t [...]