July 19, 2011

black bean wrap

{photo by me}

you will need:
1 large whole wheat wrap
1/2 avocado
3(ish) slices of tomato
4 slices of cucumber (cut lengthwise)
2(ish) tbsp black beans
2(ish) tbsp hummus
a bunch of sprouts
a little bit of fresh cilantro
a squeeze of lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

I think we all know how to assemble items into a wrap... so I won't get into it. I used the homemade hummus that Kari and I had made the day before, but of course any hummus will do just fine! We got the idea from this picture on Pinterest - it looked SO yummy that we decided to create our own version, and it definitely was as delicious as we had hoped!

xo denj

2 comments:

Renee said...

what a great mix of ingredients!.... perfect for the summer!

Cee said...

This looks so delicious! Black beans are pretty much my favourite thing- I eat them every day, although rarely in wrap form. Definitely going to have to try this!
xox,
Cee