July 14, 2011

veggie hummus


Kari and I have been rather obsessed with making our own hummus for ages. After a few failed attempts, and several trips to the grocery store - we finally found the key ingredient - tahineh!


INGREDIENTS:

1 can of chickpeas (796ml)
1.5 tbsp Tahineh
1/2 lemon, squeezed
3-4 leaves of fresh basil
1 tbsp fresh chives
and a few slices of any veggies you have in the fridge
(we used a bit of zucchini, red pepper, and broccoli)

salt and pepper to taste


TO MAKE:

Blend the chickpeas, tahineh, basil, chives, and lemon juice together in a food processor until smooth. Transfer into a bowl. Grill/cook veggies until soft and chop finely in the food processor. Combine with the chickpea mixture and season with salt and pepper. and done!

It's so easy and SOOO yummy - you just need the right ingredients and you're set!



xo denj

5 comments:

Sarah Konyer said...

YUM! I've been wanting to try a homemade hummus, I think I will try this recipe :)

Leah said...

I'm thinking you ladies need to teach me how to cook! Looks great.
Have a great weekend!

xo Leah

Kristin said...

YUM! I adore hummus, and this one looks like perfection. I will definitely be trying this out this weekend!

Have a fantastic weekend, love! XO

Kristin

Cee said...

I've been trying to find a decent hummus recipe for years- mine always turns out dry :( Definitely going to test this out, it looks so smooth and delicious!
xox,
Cee

black bean wrap « denj said...

[...] we all know how to assemble items into a wrap… so I won’t get into it. I used the homemade hummus that Kari and I had made the day before, but of course any hummus will do just fine! We got the [...]