September 06, 2012

diy banana icecream (sans cream!)




Summer may be coming to an end, but it doesn't mean that summer treats have to end too. I love my ice cream treats, but sadly lactose-intolerance means I rarely get to indulge. So when my little sister found this recipe I was beyond excited. Ice cream that's healthy and cream free!? Sign me up. We've made it a few times now and its SO yummy and SO easy to make.

1. slice banana into thin pieces
2. cover baking sheet and arrange banana pieces, then cover and place in the freezer
3. blend banana pieces in a food processor until smooth (it's important not to over mix!) then add flavours: anything goes, here I added peanut butter and coconut, but fresh fruit flavours and/or coco power make a delicious option as well!
4. enjoy!

{recipe source here }

xo denj

follow on BLOGLOVIN//TWITTER//FACEBOOK 

7 comments:

Cee said...

Looks delicious - and like you could make this with almost anything! Hello cream-free ice cream experiments :)
xox,
Cee

Rebecca Jane said...

I'm lactose-intolerant too, but i love ice cream so I usually just suffer the consequences. I'll have to try this though - it looks wonderful!

jacquelyn | lark + linen said...

I've seen this a few times but never thought to add peanut butter and coconut! That sounds INCREDIBLE

alison*elle said...

I wish I had a food processor... your pictures are making me majorly crave this!

xo, alison*elle

Simona said...

Mmmmm, it had to be so delicious!:)
xx

Leah said...

Ooh is that the cutting board you got as a wedding gift? I like.

Petite Adventures said...

This looks amazing - I'm always on the lookout for lactose-free treats. Thanks for sharing!