November 19, 2012

kaleslaw with raddiccio and apple


I'm a huge fan of the non-traditional salad. More often then not, the recipe is a use-whatever-is-in-the-fridge combination, which surprisingly, often works out amazingly well. I've never used raddiccio before but I found its bitterness tastes best when balanced with sweeter items like the apple and honey. 

you'll need:

1 head of raddiccio, chopped
1/2 cup of kale
1 green apple
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
1 large carrot, shredded
1/4 cup red onion
1/2 lemon, juiced
1tbl honey
salt & pepper

serves 6

xo denj



5 comments:

Mitha Komala said...

the dish looks so yummy! thanks for sharing the tutorial xx


Letters To Juliet

Wren KW said...

This looks delicious. I love kale and chickpeas and apple so I will definitely be making this for my lunches!

Holly said...

i love 'everything in the fridge' soups too!

Rebecca Jane said...

This sounds super tasty!

criscrascrus said...

yuuuuummy!!