August 02, 2013

best served in a bowl



Hmm, it seems like everything I've been eating lately is served in a bowl, if you only count my blog posts that is. Maybe I'm in a recipe rut? But at least it always tastes delicious :) This recipe is a warm salad that combines sauteed and fresh ingredients, and one of my new favourites, brussel sprouts. I know they have a bad reputation, but if you cook them right they are actually super delicious!

a handful of mixed greens
1/2 avocado
1 sweet potato
15ish brussel sprouts
garlic scapes
red onion
walnuts

Chop sweet potato and brussel sprouts thinly and saute with garlic scapes, red onion, and a splash of white wine. Serve warm over mixed greens and top with avocado and walnuts. Drizzle with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.

xo denj

follow on BLOGLOVIN//TWITTER//FACEBOOK//PINTEREST

5 comments:

littlemisschinagirl said...

Yum! looks good :)

criscrascrus said...

totally agree!

cleartheway said...

Mmm! Totally trying this at the reintroduction phase of my elimination diet this month. Yummmmy!

Kate from Clear the Way

Caroline said...

This looks so delicious and nutritious! I've been loving brussel sprouts this past year :)

A Fine Balance said...

looks delicious.